If you are looking for a weekend with activities that pertain to nature then this one day trip to Nanyuki and Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve might be exactly what you need.
Nanyuki is 3 hours from Nairobi and Ngare Ndare Forest is a just about 30 minutes from Nanyuki town. So we are looking are a total of seven hours of transfer from Nairobi to Ngare Ndare and return to Nairobi.
It’s not all gloom during transfer from Nairobi as you’ll be driven in a luxurious landcruiser with each guest having access to a window seat. You’ll enjoy beautiful scenaries of Kenya’s central highlands for most part of the journey
The Equator marker, Nanyuki
Arrival in Nanyuki, is the Equator marker that marks, where northern and southern hemispere meet. At this point, we shall do a vortex experiment on the coriolis effect that shows unique behaviour of water on either side of the equator.
Snow capped Mount Kenya
Mount Kenya sits on the Equator, Nanyuki gives the best view of this snow capped Mountain. If the mountain is free of clouds, we shall get the perfect spot for some photos of the mountain landscape. Even with a phone camera, one can capture the visually attractive and enchanting mount Kenya.
Begin Hike at Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve
Activities at Ngare Ndare include easy to moderate hiking, awildlife viewing, 450M stretch canopy walk and swimming in a natural pool with fresh spring waters flowing out of mount Kenya.
Itinerary for the Day
- 6 am – Departure from a common place in Nairobi
- 8.50 am – Fresh from the farm, take away coffee at Kiganjo
- 9.00 am – Stop at the equator Nanyuki, and mount Kenya view point
- 10.30 am – begin hike at Ngare Ndare Forest, swimming and canopy walk.
- 2.00 pm – Late lunch at a Cushitic cuisine restaurant in Nanyuki
- 3.00 pm – Departure for Nairobi
- 6.00 pm – Arrival back to Nairobi
- Transfer from Nairobi and Back in a Luxurious Landcruiser
- Snacks and fruits during hike
- One Liter water ( Ngare Ndare streams have drinkable water too)
- Lunch after Hike, in a Cushitic Cuisine Restaurant in Nanyuki..
- Conservation fees as gate entrance fees
- Guide and Ranger Fees
What’s not included
- Take away coffee enroute to Nanyuki
- Resident/foreign entrance fees
Who is this for?
- Friends who want to catch up and do an activity together
- group tour / networking
- Family trip (if all members are fit, not recommended for children under 13 years or the elderly)
- Anyone who is fit for a 7 KM return hike, easy to moderate
This is not for
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
I want to board on this trip to Ngare Ndare?
To go on a private trip contact us .